Arma 3: ProMod by SofaKing1337
Moderator: HT Admin

SofaKing1337

Arma 3: ProMod by SofaKing1337

by SofaKing1337 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:08 pm

ProMod

What is ProMod:
ProMod is an Arma 3 mission with a main focus of competitive styled game play hosting different modes, all of which will have balanced tournament structure and rules. Milsim scenario based missions with promised high fps performance and fair gameplay. It's intent was to be a mission that the community could match play in a league or ladder for ranking.

Who is working on this project:
Myself (SofaKing1337) and the Hostile Takeover community, some of which have already contributed a lot by coordinating, testing and feedback. A large portion of ProMod is custom code that I wrote, I also worked with Murcielago to get this up and running. He has been someone that has helped me since Arma 2 and any other open source materials used will be credited in the mission file. I also appreciate everyone's help that has participated with the project so far it has been a huge help getting this balanced. Hundreds of hours went into the making and testing or ProMod with over 100 people. I have worked in or around media projects being music, film and gaming for a while now. Made maps and game modes for Quake II, texture and skin work for HalfLife 1 and 2. I have coded projects in Unity and Unreal engines. Worked on Arma 3 “King Of Hill” version for Bobby Digital, you can see the version I coded here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOf0n99dRiU

Why are you making ProMod:
We are trying to bring back Tactical Shooter/Milsim competitive game play.
We have members and associates at Hostile Takeover work or consult on Arma 3: ProMod that played in CAL-i, PGL, ESEA, MLG and others have worked at Punkbuster to Treyarch. I was CAL-m CS 1.6-CS:Source, TWL #1 RainbowSix 3: RavenShield for 4 years, TWL COD4: Modern Warfare PAM and Promod.

Where can I play ProMod:
ProMod will only be available on official Hostile Takeover servers only. ProMod does not require additional downloads or mods to play the mission. I made ProMod strictly vanilla for ease of access for everyone. Currently I have my super blade server up and running as the Alpha test server, it has the latest Xeon procs, 64gb memory, SSD storage and is connected to a 600mb Up/Down enterprise fiber connection.

SofaKing1337

Re: Arma 3: ProMod by SofaKing1337

by SofaKing1337 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:57 am